If you happen to’ve lastly given up on the world’s hottest social media community, it’s not too difficult to take away your self from the service. However earlier than you delete all of these photos, posts, and likes, you must obtain your private info from Fb.
Your Fb archives include nearly all of the pertinent information related to your account, together with your pictures, lively classes, chat historical past, IP addresses, facial recognition information, and which advertisements you clicked, simply to call a couple of. That’s a ton of private info that you must in all probability keep entry to.
To obtain your archive utilizing the online:
- Click on on the “down” arrow within the higher proper nook.
- Go to “Settings & Privateness” > “Settings.”
- Within the left-hand column, click on on “Your Fb Info.”
- Within the heart, discover and click on on “Obtain Your Info.”
- You possibly can choose which data you need to obtain (or you possibly can simply obtain all of it). On the high of the web page, there are drop-down lists that allow you to create a date vary (if you wish to), obtain your information in both HTML or JSON, and select between excessive, medium, or low media high quality.
- Whenever you’re prepared, click on on “Create File.” You’ll get notified through e mail when your file is prepared.
After you’ve completed downloading your archive, now you can delete your account.
Beware: when you delete your account, it can’t be recovered.
When you’re able to delete your account, return to the web page headed “Your Fb Info” and click on on “Deactivation and Deletion.” Right here, you possibly can select between briefly deactivating your account or completely deleting it.
If you wish to delete it, both click on on “Delete Account” on that web page, or click on this link, which is able to take you to the identical account deletion web page.
You’ll get one other likelihood right here to obtain your archive or select deactivation reasonably than deletion. When you click on “Delete My Account,” your account shall be marked for termination and inaccessible to others utilizing Fb.
The corporate notes that it delays termination for a couple of days after it’s requested. If you happen to log again in throughout that interval, your deletion request shall be canceled. So don’t signal on, otherwise you’ll be compelled to begin the method over once more. Sure issues, like feedback you’ve made on a pal’s submit, should seem even after you delete your account. Fb additionally says that copies of sure objects like log information will stay in its database, however it notes that these are disassociated with private identifiers.
If you happen to’re actually severe about quitting Fb, do not forget that the corporate owns a number of different fashionable companies as effectively, like Instagram and WhatsApp, so you must delete your accounts there, too.
Replace January fifteenth, 2021, 9:15AM ET: This text was initially revealed on September twenty eighth, 2018 and has been up to date to permit for adjustments within the Fb interface.